Bien, en vista del cariz que están tomando los precios de los nuevos modelos Panasonic osea unos 4.200 euros para el modelo de 42" y unos 3.700 para el modelo de 37" (ojalá al final no sea así), me he planteado la compra del modelo 42 PA50 de baja resolución, buscando información he ido a parar a un foro (creo que inglés) donde alguien hacía una interesante pregunta a cerca de las resoluciones, aquí os la dejo:

If have noticed that the more payable plasma's (like the panasonic 37pa50) all have a resolution of 852x480. PAL (the format for dvd's) has a resolution of 720x576. So those plasma's have 16% less horizontal lines as the PAL-format! Will this lower resolution of the plasma's have a negative influence on the PQ??

I know that you can buy higher resolution plasma's which can be used for HDTV when this is available. But I don't want to invest in HDTV yet because:
- it will take a while before HDTV is mainstream
- the maximum HDTV-format is 1920x1080 and those resolutions are not available or to expensive

So my question is: if you use non-HDTV material (like the normal DVD's and cable TV), will the PQ of a plasma with a resolution of 852x480 (for example the 37pa50) be less than a plasma with a resolution of 1024x768?? Is this a noticeable difference, is it worth the extra money?
A ver si podeis aclarar el tema.

Un saludo.